There are a lot of new enhancements that will improve how both teachers and students use the platform!
• Our new Dashboard brings all your student’s actions into one place
• PFinLab now has live chat support available for teachers and students (during market hours)
• First-time users now get help to get started on key pages (teachers too!)
Stock Game Enhancements
• Instead of lump-sum cash to invest, students have periodic deposits into their stock game account
Restrict your investing universe! Common uses include:
- Just the S&P 500 or DOW 30
- Only stocks with a strong local presence
- Each student picks 5 stocks at the start that they research, open to everyone to trade
Mutual Fund Research
New mutual fund research tools! See:
- Fund overviews
- Fund performance
- Fund holding
- …plus the same research you can find for Stocks and ETFs!
• “Cash Spots” trading now supports basic commodities!
Risk Adjusted Rankings
For Finance Classes, improvements to Risk Adjusted Rankings!
- Sharpe Ratio
- Jensen’s Alpha
- Treynor Ratio
Budget Game Enhancements
Images and Colors
• Better transition from Part-Time to Full-Time mode
• Part-Time mode hours are more consistent (14-30 hours, instead of 5-35 hours)
• Students can now look back and see when they had transactions in previous months
The game now supports zero-priced bills
• Example: Students do not need to pay rent while still in school (since they live with their parents)
More Long-Term Impacts
• Multi-month discounts on bills
• Card deck shuffles differently depending on a “Status”
New and Improved Certificates
• Financial Literacy Certificate + Investing101 Certificate
• Students can download the PDF, and they earn a badge to show off on the rankings page!
New Logging System
• Some reports from schools that students were not getting credit
• New assignment logging system opens the doors to more reports in the future!
New and Improved Widgets
• For schools with our Widget Packs, new ranking types, financial data, and even custom widgets now available!
New Fun Facts Report
• Great bell-ringer – see what students are buying and selling for any date range!
Improved Data Exports
• Admins can now pull transaction history and open positions export live
• … But this may fail for VERY large classes (150+ students). Our support team can help!