Personal Finance 101 Confirmation
Thank You For Registering For Personal Finance 101!
You have taken the first step to mastering your finances, and starting to build real wealth.
The Personal Finance 101 course is organized with two key components: the virtual stock market game, and your Personal Finance Assignments.
Stock Game Module
As soon as you log in, you will see that you have been given $100,000 of virtual money to use to start building a stock, mutual fund, and bond portfolio. This will be ongoing throughout the course – the way you buy and sell will evolve as you begin to understand your own risk tolerance. This will help solidify the buying and saving lessons for your own finances, as well as giving practical experience building your own long-term investment portfolio with your real-life savings.
While you are building your portfolio, you will see your Personal Finance “Assignments” on the right side of the page. These are broken up by lesson, with 12 distinct lessons:
- Introduction – Stock Market Basics. This is the introduction, showing you how to use the stock game module. This includes short articles covering the basics of stocks, how to place a trade in your virtual portfolio, and some background about long-term investing
- Lesson 1 – Getting Organized. This is the first “Proper” lesson of Personal Finance 101. Start by reviewing financial records, banking institutions, and more.
- Lesson 2 – Budgeting and Spending Plans. Everyone has heard of a budget, but very few people know the different types. Learn how to pick a budgeting style based on your personality, the situation, and more.
- Lesson 3 – Credit and Debt. The core of building credit, and using debt as a tool.
- Lesson 4 – Payment Methods. When should you use cash, or charge it to a credit card? This is a deep dive into different payment methods for different purchases, and how it accumulates in the long run.
- Lesson 5 – Taxation. Start with sales taxes and basic income tax filing, and building up to how to spot some of the most common tax credits and deductions you qualify for.
- Lesson 6 – Insurance. Learn to balance your risk tolerance for property, health, liability, and life insurance.
- Lesson 7 – Financial Decision Making. Start putting everything together by balancing your consumer rights and responsibilities, how to read and understand contracts, and doing proper research for big purchases.
- Lesson 8 – Escaping Bad Debt. Even the most careful planners can get behind on their bills. These are some proven methods of helping prevent a bad situation from getting worse.
- Lesson 9 – Boosting Savings. Understand how to start putting away more each month, and building a nest egg that you can rely on for years to come.
- Lesson 10 – Building Wealth. Wrap things up by understanding mortgages, car loans, family planning, and more.
- Intermediate Investing Tips. As you continue to build your portfolio, look at a few more investing terms, understand how prices move, and more.
To create your login, and begin the Personal Finance 101 course, click the link below: