Offering you four exciting and fun features:
- A Personal Budget Game
- A Stock Game
- Built-in Lessons with Pop Quizzes
- National Challenge with the opportunity to win prizes
5 great reasons to register yourself to the challenge!
- You will gain valuable experience by building a monthly budget
- You will learn how to manage your checking and savings accounts, credit cards, and stock portfolios
- Tutorial videos will walk you through everything step of the way
- You will practice what you learn in class before using your real money
- It’s free, and it’s super fun – you can compete with your friends and practice your knowledge in an interactive game!
Dates: Registration is now open. Challenge runs from March 28th to April 29th, 2022.
Prizes: The Top 10 students from each contest, (from the Budget Game and Stock Game) win a $100 Amazon gift card for their classroom. Teachers of the top-performing finalists will be notified the week after the challenge ends. Teachers will decide how the prizes will be spent for their class.
We will also send a trophy to the top-performing school in the Stock Game!
How does it work? You must complete 12 virtual months of our Personal Budgeting Game, and build a diversified portfolio of stocks, ETFs, bonds, and mutual funds to be eligible for prizes.
You can earn a certificate in Personal Finance by completing all the included lessons as well – this certification will look amazing in your curriculum in the future!
Register yourself for our FREE Spring 2022 Financial Literacy Challenge!
Stock Game Rules
- Trading is open from March 28th to April 29th, 2022
- Trade US stocks and ETFs, and US mutual funds, and bonds
- Manage a $100,000 virtual portfolio
- Weekly deposits of $1000 will be distributed for students to begin trading on Monday mornings
- There is a $5 minimum price for all stocks
- You can short sell and buy on margin
- You can day trade
- You can only invest 25% of their portfolio in any one security
- Each student is allowed only one entry
All results are subject to an audit to verify accuracy by the PersonalFinanceLab team. The results of the audit are final.
Budget Game Rules
- You can play the Budget Game from March 28th to April 29th, 2022.
- The game includes 12 months of gameplay where you manage bills and expenses.
- Start as a college student with a part-time job, and after 6 months graduate and take on a full-time job.
- You earn the most amount of points for meeting your monthly savings goals.
Optional Completion Certificate
- It’s not obligatory to complete all the lessons to be eligible for prizes.
- If you want to learn more, the included curriculum comprises 86 individual assignments on investing and personal finance.
- Each lesson includes a pop quiz at the end with 3-5 questions.
- You are required to get 100% on all quizzes to earn the completion certificate.
- You can retake quizzes to improve your score.
- Example assignments include:
- What is the New York Stock Exchange?
- Investing Strategies
- Pay Down Debt or Save?
- Life Insurance
- Use the Saving to be a Millionaire Calculator